« Home | Great Start To A Great Year. » | Go Me! » | 2004 Year in Review » | New Cartoon on Illwillpress.com » | Hallefuckinglujah! » | RIP Jerry Orbach » | RANT: Open toe shoes and the chick from the 6th fl... » | Almost 800 hits! Woo-hoo! » | Summer vacation on the brain. » | Yankee Memories » 

Monday, January 03, 2005 

Should I break out my lightning rod?

From today's Yahoo News.

Brainy women face handicap in marriage stakes: British survey

"A chap with a high IQ is going to get a demanding job that is going to take up a lot of his energy and time. In many ways he wants a woman who is an old-fashioned wife and looks after the home, a copy of his mum in a way."

In my experience most of the guys that I have dated want a stay-at-home wifey. I am not critiquing women who choose to do this with their lives but I am not the type of woman who can stay at home raising the youngins. Since moving to MD I have met more women who have chosen, or plan on choosing, the stay-at-home option. This was quite new for me as I never really met a woman other than my aunts who stayed at home with the children. Listen, even if I were in a situation where I were going to have children I would have to work. Not only for the financial reasons but because I know myself and I would go stir crazy keeping house and raising kids. Honestly, I'd stay at home if I could afford to - minus the kids. :)

So, now that I am nearing 30 (and I am well educated btw) I have increasing been consumed with the thoughts of will I ever meet Mr. Right? I have met fluently of Mr. Right Nows. But as I get older I am facing more and more inquiries about my marriage status and my plans. If I really wanted to get married I suppose that I could have but I have never been the one to settle for less. I am a romantic (under my tough Brooklyn girl exterior) I just dont like it to admit it. If I ever do tie the knot it will be with someone who I admire, makes me laugh, have chemistry with and oh yeah love. Is this too much to ask for? Maybe. Will I lower my standards? No.

I knew someone who told me that I had a greater chance of getting hit by lightning than getting married after 30 (or was it 35) . Yes, he was (and still is) quite the asshole. Coincidentally, he fits in the "My wife is going to stay at home barefoot and pregnant category". And yes, ladies this fine piece of man is still available :P Personally I would rather get hit by thousands of volts of electricity than marry a jerk like that. At least I would be guaranteed a hell of a ride.

About me

  • I'm DivineMsN
  • From Land of the Jersey Hair, New Joisey, United States
  • NYC girl who has away for awhile but somehow managed to make it back across the Mason-Dixon Line. Now living in NJ at least for the foreseeable future.
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Snarkspot
  • Girl on Film
  • No More Me. Ice Guy
  • UrbanMuse
  • Confessions of a Woman on the Verge
  • You're Shitting Me, Right?
  • Confessions of the Koog
  • Blogging Project Runway
  • Craftster
  • Four Four
  • Project Rungay
  • Boston Gal's Open Wallet
  • Saving Advice.com
  • Jennifer Weiner
  • Catster

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hockeygrrl75 tagged with catones. Make your own badge here.

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates