« Home | So far so good? » | Call me the electron nazi. » | All is well.. » | San Diego Photo 2 » | San Diego Pics » | Sacred Space » | First day on the job. » | The Problem with Popplers. » | For Mr. K. » | One foot out the door... » 

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 

Water Ice or Italian Ice?

Today the building management gave out free water ice and soft pretzels. Yummy! I don't think that I will ever get used to the term water ice. A fellow co-worker informed me that inside the Philly city limit the term water ice is used and outside the city the term is italian ice. In NYC there are three varieties of ices to chose from; Italian, Coquito and Pirragua. Italian Ice is sold at pizzarias, Coquitos and Pirraquas are sold by Hispanic (and sometime Black) street vendors. Coquitos are generally coconut flavored ice but they sometimes come in other flavors. Pirraguas are cousins of snowballs (minus the marshmallow topping they use in MD). They come in lots of flavors. I guess that there are a lot of regional things that I need to get used to. One thing that I have already loved is the Philly soft pretzel. I joke with Mr. K that I chose the apartment that I will move into because of the proximity to the WaWa down the street! MMM soft pretzels!

Of course, I didn't tell her that there are Wawa's down the street from every apartment complex in South Jersey. We'll just keep that secret, though.

I don't know what this "city limits" thing is ... it's called "water ice" (pronounced wudder ice) throughout the region.

Kev beat me to my reply...

;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm DivineMsN
  • From Land of the Jersey Hair, New Joisey, United States
  • NYC girl who has away for awhile but somehow managed to make it back across the Mason-Dixon Line. Now living in NJ at least for the foreseeable future.
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Snarkspot
  • Girl on Film
  • No More Me. Ice Guy
  • UrbanMuse
  • Confessions of a Woman on the Verge
  • You're Shitting Me, Right?
  • Confessions of the Koog
  • Blogging Project Runway
  • Craftster
  • Four Four
  • Project Rungay
  • Boston Gal's Open Wallet
  • Saving Advice.com
  • Jennifer Weiner
  • Catster

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hockeygrrl75 tagged with catones. Make your own badge here.

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates