« Home | These are a few of my favorite things... » | Back to the Grind. » | Awake at Night. » | Bitch get somebody your own age. » | Cause you're an asshole. » | Does it really matter? » | Early Birthday Present? » | Help a soldier. » | SPF is your friend! » | Coupling. » 

Thursday, November 18, 2004 

Is Ray Lewis a fraud?

This article happened to catch my eye this morning. It's from the Dr. Z archive from SI.com

"Baltimore Ravens (6-3) OK, I'm gonna say something Ravens fans aren't going to like, but I ask them to please search their hearts to see if there's any truth to it. Ray Lewis is one of the great frauds of 2004. I've seen him six times now. Pretty decent against Cleveland the week before last. Got buried by the Chiefs. Against the Jets last weekend he was a zero when it got down to crunch time. On New York's last drive in regulation, that controversial field goal thing, Curtis Martin had crucial inside runs of 21 and five yards, and then, of course, there was Quincy Carter's nine-yard quarterback draw. Where was Ray? Running around blocks, playing the edges, taking on nobody, falling on the pile and then jumping up and waving his fist and yelling, as if he had made the play. Miked for sound? Of course. You bet. Never made a play in either of the Jets' overtime drives, either, unless you count the noise factor".

Sports Illustrated Online


I can't agree with this guy more. I am a Ravens fan but I never quite understood the fascination that Ravens fans have with this guy. I have seen him have some awesome hits, but this year I don't think that he's been all that (as they say in Brooklyn). It is fun the first few times to see Ray Ray do his dance when he comes into the Stadium but after a while it gets stale. I don't blame Terell Owens for this rants against Ray. Someone has to speak up for the rest of us! So the question is "Is Ray Lewis a Fraud"? Quite possibly.

About me

  • I'm DivineMsN
  • From Land of the Jersey Hair, New Joisey, United States
  • NYC girl who has away for awhile but somehow managed to make it back across the Mason-Dixon Line. Now living in NJ at least for the foreseeable future.
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Snarkspot
  • Girl on Film
  • No More Me. Ice Guy
  • UrbanMuse
  • Confessions of a Woman on the Verge
  • You're Shitting Me, Right?
  • Confessions of the Koog
  • Blogging Project Runway
  • Craftster
  • Four Four
  • Project Rungay
  • Boston Gal's Open Wallet
  • Saving Advice.com
  • Jennifer Weiner
  • Catster

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hockeygrrl75 tagged with catones. Make your own badge here.

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates