« Home | So much for a good deed. » | San Diego/Tijuana Summer 2005 » | Spamalot, Thanksalot! » | Christmas Tree Shops! YAY! » | Holy Shit! Clerks 2! » | This story gives me the creeps » | RIP My VCR » | For my AK friends. » | Katie Holmes' body double? » | Eyebrow Artisans. » 

Monday, June 26, 2006 

Philly Shout Out: Dom The Stainless Steel Chef.

I have been meaning for a while now to post baout my favorite Philly street vendor Dom. He has a cart outside of the Ben Franklin Building on 9th between Chestunt & Samson. He is absolutely hilarious with his renditions of popular songs and makes a mean Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwich. I always have the same order everyday (a toasted poppy bagel). Dom sings as he make his order. He likes to change the words to the pop tunes to fit what he is making. For my order he sings the Madonna song "Papa Don't Preach" caltering the words to "Poppy Don't Preach". I guess you have to be there to hear him. :) Today I left my umbrella home and got caught in some nasty rain on the way to work. I stopped by Dom's cart to get my usual, and I complained that I left my umbrella. Do you know that he lent me his own personal umbrella so that I could get to work dry? Just when I lost my faith in humanity this really lifted my spirits! Thank you DOM!

About me

  • I'm DivineMsN
  • From Land of the Jersey Hair, New Joisey, United States
  • NYC girl who has away for awhile but somehow managed to make it back across the Mason-Dixon Line. Now living in NJ at least for the foreseeable future.
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Snarkspot
  • Girl on Film
  • No More Me. Ice Guy
  • UrbanMuse
  • Confessions of a Woman on the Verge
  • You're Shitting Me, Right?
  • Confessions of the Koog
  • Blogging Project Runway
  • Craftster
  • Four Four
  • Project Rungay
  • Boston Gal's Open Wallet
  • Saving Advice.com
  • Jennifer Weiner
  • Catster

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hockeygrrl75 tagged with catones. Make your own badge here.

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates