« Home | "Who Needs Sleep?" » | My ingredients » | Let it snow? » | Foamy Rants Again! » | Pendejos. All of you. » | New York Memories » | Tuesday is Chooseday! » | What gender is your brain? » | My cat is Tony Soprano » | Surprise! » 

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 

Chivalry or Pussy Whipped?

This morning as I was brushing the snow off of my car I noticed that the couple that lives in the apt beneath me where walking towards their car. This in itself is of no news but what was interesting was that my male neighbor was walking in front of his wife and was shoveling the snow out of her way as she walked. He did this all the way from their door into the parking lot up to their car. I wasnt sure if I was jealous or what. Was he just being a super sweet husband making sure that his wife wouldnt slip while they were walking to their car or was he some pussy whipped dude? I am not one for chivalry cause in my opinion I can open my own damn door, but I was dumbfounded this morning as I stood there covered in snow and scraping off my car. My former boyfriend never once shoveled off my car in the 3.5 years we were together and I am wondering if I missed out on something. Am I just too damn cynical when it come to love? I have never believed in true love, my own experiences in the love department show a different story. Maybe chivalry is still alive? Maybe she has him by the balls and he had no choice but to shovel a path to their car? Who knows, either way I still had to shovel my own damn car out :)

Great. I can see it now ... I'm out in the cold shoveling off your car, your inside in the heat thinking "Yay! I've got him whipped!"

Boy, with that kind of attitude, you'll be coming over to dig out my car after you're done with hers.

That being said, after having to dig myself out last week as well as this morning does make me appreciate Mikey all the more when he does it for me.

Don't analyze it too much. He may be either chivalrous or pussy-whipped or both. What really matters is what someone does for you and how you feel about it. It's hard to look into the heart of a couple through a snowy window on a cold morning.

I'm mixed on this... For nine years I was married. I did all those things all the time. Held the door open, stuff like that. Shoveled the snow... Not because I was pussywhipped or anything. It was just the way I was raised. But was it ever appriciated? Of course it wasn't. Not that I expected anything, but a thank you once in a while would have been nice.

I'm not so sure I'll be doing that stuff to much in my next relationship... I invested to much in the last one only to get shit on.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm DivineMsN
  • From Land of the Jersey Hair, New Joisey, United States
  • NYC girl who has away for awhile but somehow managed to make it back across the Mason-Dixon Line. Now living in NJ at least for the foreseeable future.
My profile

Links

  • Blogger Templates
  • Snarkspot
  • Girl on Film
  • No More Me. Ice Guy
  • UrbanMuse
  • Confessions of a Woman on the Verge
  • You're Shitting Me, Right?
  • Confessions of the Koog
  • Blogging Project Runway
  • Craftster
  • Four Four
  • Project Rungay
  • Boston Gal's Open Wallet
  • Saving Advice.com
  • Jennifer Weiner
  • Catster

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from hockeygrrl75 tagged with catones. Make your own badge here.

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates